Types of Membership
In order to maintain the quality and the sustainability of SEELS, we offer different types of membership: Regular Membership, Associate Membership, and Honorary Membership.
- Regular Members are those who have the right to participate in the policy development and the decision-making processes within the Management Board and a enjoy full voting rights.
- Associate Members are those involved in individual programs and activities implemented by SEELS, without having the status of a Regular Member.
- Honorary Members are those who have significantly contributed to the SEELS's establishment, operation or activities.
Public Universities/Law Faculties may join SEELS upon decision made by the Management Board of SEELS.The potential members should also meet the following criteria:
- To be able to significantly contribute to the SEELS with regards to information, knowledge and funding;
- To have the required capacities (time, funding and staffing) to participate in SEELS.
Procedure for becoming a Member
The procedure for becoming a SEELS Member is rather simple. The interested party should submit an application as per the application form (available for download at the bottom of the page). The application is to be reviewed by the Management Board for acceptance. The Management Board shall decide upon the interest of becoming a member of the SEELS as well as upon the membership status of the interested party. For the acceptance as a Regular Member, an unanimous decision is needed by all of the members of the Management Board. For the Associate Membership, the decision for acceptance is done by the majority of votes.
Membership Duties & Fees
The Regular Members have the obligation to participate in projects and contribute to the activities of the Network financially. The annual contribution by the Regular Members for 2018 is 4000 EUR. The amount of the annual contribution is decided annually by the Management Board of SEELS as per the needs of the Network. For the contirbution of the Associate Members, the amount of the fee is decided by the Board when deciding on the application.