Position opening: Project Coordinator.
The Centre for South East European Law School Network (SEELS) announces a public call for applications for the position of a Project Coordinator of the Centre for SEELS.
SEELS is an academic network that brings together 12 distinct Law Schools from South Eastern Europe with the mission to foster excellence in legal science and education through regional collaboration and European integration. The Centre for SEELS is based at the Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” of the University “Ss. Cyril and Methodious” in Skopje. As the coordination and administrative body of the network it is in charge of the overall management, coordination, PR communication, quality assurance and fund raising for SEELS.
The role of the Project Coordinator will be to plan, execute, and finalize projects in line with the donor regulations and according to strict deadlines and within budget. This will include acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Coordinator will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
The engagement will be full time, for the period until the end of January, 2019 (probation period of 3 months) with the potential for prolongation, based on a service contract, with a gross monthly remuneration of maximum 500 EUR.
The main role of the Project Coordinator will be the overall management of projects from their inception till their closure. The task will include the development of good liaisons with all involved project stake holders, close monitoring of the developments and communication within the projects, timely identification and management of the potential issues that may raise within the project teams and setting of a high-quality implementation of all assigned tasks.
Additionally, the Project Coordinator is expected to take part in the preparation of project applications and concepts for projects with the overall support in the creation and compilation of these documents.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support SEELS goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess needs for additional staff and/or consultants during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project review and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- University degree in the field of Law or Humanities (master degree of law would be seen as an advantage).
- At least 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development, acquisition (fundraising) and execution.
- Familiarity with project management software is an asset.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as word, excel, power point.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines for which compensatory time-off is provided.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings in the country and abroad.
- Travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with partners, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
Application and deadline
All interested candidates should send a CV (euro‐pass format https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum‐vitae) and a motivation letter (highlighting how their skills and experience are well‐suited to the requirements of this position) in
Deadline for submission of the application is 13.10.2018 till 16:00 PM. (DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS EXTENDED TO 17.10.2018, 16:00 PM)
Only the pre‐selected candidates will be contacted no later than 29.10.2018. The further procedure may include assessment of the competencies and interview.
The commencement of the assignment will be as soon as possible after selection.
If you are interested to apply you may find more information at www.seelawschool.org.