The European Patent Academy opened a call for a study visit at the European Patent Office in Munich, Germany. More information is available HERE.
The German Bundestag invites you, in cooperation with the with the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Freie Universität Berlin and Technische Universität Berlin to apply for an International Parliamentary Scholarship (IPS) to spend five months in Berlin. The IPS program is aimed at highly qualified young men and women who are interested in politics and who wish to play an active and responsible role in shaping the democratic future of their country. The German Bundestag, the German Parliament, offers young people the opportunity to get to know the German parliamentary system and political decision-making processes and to gain practical experience of parliamentary work during a 13-week work placement with a Member of the Bundestag. The scholarship-winners are chosen by the German Bundestag’s independent selection panel.
- Citizenship of participant country
- University degree
- Very good knowledge of German
- Under the age of 30 at the start of the scholarship
- 500 euros per month
- Free accommodation
- Insurance and travel expenses
More information to be found here
The WTO Secretariat maintains a limited internship programme for post-graduate university students wishing to gain practical experience and deeper knowledge of the multilateral trading system. Only a limited number of such internship posts is available.
As part of the internship programme, we also offer the WTO Accessions Internship Programme (http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/acc_e/acc_internship_e.htm), sponsored by the Government of China, within the framework of the MOU on the "China's LDCs and Accessions Programme" established in July 2011. Four internship positions are available on an annual basis under this Programme.
Interested candidates should follow the procedures and conform to the eligibility criteria set out below.
Intake to the programme is on a continuing basis, with no specific recruitment period. There is no opening or closing date for applications.
Duration: Up to 24 weeks.
More information at the web page of WTO.
The Hungarian Academy of Sciences Centre for Social Sciences Institute for Legal Studies (herein after: HAS CSS ILS) and the Pázmány Péter Catholic University Faculty of Law and Political Sciences (herein after: Pázmány Law) established a joint fellowship programme in order to enhance their international competitiveness in research and education, through involving postdoctoral foreign researchers in their academic work. Thus, Postdoctoral Fellowship in Law is offered in Budapest, for a 10 – month period.
The Fellowship is open to all Postdoctdoctoral researchers which have professional level of English language knowledge. The applicant is expected to:
• develop and provide at least four graduate level lectures per week that are each a minimum of 45 minutes in duration at Pázmány Law;
• actively participate in the most important scholarly events and programs of the HAS CSS ILS and the Pázmány Law;
• help to strengthen the international relations of the HAS CSS ILS and Pázmány Law.
Postdoctoral researchers of any area of Law are invited to apply. The preference is that the applicant is dealing with comparative, public international and European Law.
The deadline is April 30, 2017.
More information on the official webpage.
Humanium, а Geneva based children’s rights NGO is looking for awareness-raising and legal advice intern(s).
The tasks of the interns would involve rising awareness; legal advice; communication and fundraising:
• Raising awareness: the intern will help to raise-awareness about the situation of children’s rights in the world through writing blog articles, updating country profiles, and conducting online campaign;
• Legal advice: the intern will work on the Helpline, where s/he will give advice on real cases concerning children, liaise with our alliance of lawyers, and answer any questions regarding children’s rights, the CRC, etc.;
• Communication: s/he will be involved in communication on social media (Twitter and Facebook), and conduct online campaigns;
• Fundraising: occasionally, the intern may also be involved in finding financial partners to support our projects, and drafting grant submissions;
• Other tasks as needed.
The candidates are required to have university education: MA in International Law, Human Rights, Development or International Relations; however current students are also welcome. All candidates should be fluent in English (written and spoken). In addition Humanium is especially interested in candidates that, besides in English, are fluent in French, Spanish or German. The candidates need to be in depended independent and disciplined, with strong sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative. It is indispensable to have constant access to high-speed internet connection.
Attendance at team meetings every Wednesday is required. The rest of the time is flexible.
Interested candidates should fill in the application form and attach their CV.
For more information visit the official webpage.